Today I planned to install ASP.NET MVC 4.0 beta for Visual Studio 2010. When I started the installation, it gave me an error message saying:
"Another program is being installed. Please wait until that installation is complete, and then try installing this software again."
At that time I did not have any installation running. Then, I restarted my computer as re-boot can be a magical treatment for many Windows issues. But in this case it did not work and same error continues to come.
After doing some research I solved this issue. FYI: I was using a 64 bit Windows 7 Operating System.
- From Start menu run services.msc
WindowsInstallerfrom the services link.
- If you see it is started and set to automatic, disable it.
- Re-start your pc.
- Again go to services.msc.
- Set WindowsInstaller to start as "Manual".
- Now start your installation.
In my case the above solution worked. Hope it will do for you too.